The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a major shakeup in data protection laws across all Member States of the EU. It will officially come into force on 25 May 2018, and as a Regulation, will automatically be applied in every Member State.
With GDPR just months from coming into full force, we have released a new course on the topic. The 15 minute course guides users through the changes being applied as a result of GDPR. GDPR: The Basics complements our existing online GDPR course, GDPR: Privacy at Work.
The new GDPR course covers:
- Privacy regulations timeline
- Key differences between GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998
- The conditions for processing data
- The 6 data protection principles under GDPR
- Guidelines on obtaining consent for processing data
- International laws regarding data transfers
- Useful GDPR compliance resources