Wednesday 20 March 12pm UK
There are around 3 million unpaid carers in the UK, and more than one in seven people in any workplace is a carer. Unpaid carers’ work is often painful and exhausting, and a workplace that supports all its staff should also support carers.
The Carers Leave Act became law in 2023 and gives employees a statutory right to a week’s unpaid leave to care for a dependent. Show the carers among your staff that you value them as employees and recognise their unique challenges by making sure your organisation is a supportive place for carers.
In this free webinar, VinciWorks experts will explore what the Carers Leave Act means, its obligations to employees and employers, and how to make your organisation a supportive and welcoming place for carers.
The webinar will cover:
- The experiences of carers at work
- The Carers Leave Act’s new regulatory obligations on organisations
- The unique needs of carers
- How workplaces can build a supportive environment for carers
- Understanding the challenges that carers face