The Criminal Finances Act and other global legislation have placed anti-tax evasion measures on the corporate risk and compliance agenda. The past year has shown us that tax evasion enforcement is only ramping up. Increased investigations, large fines and new laws have demonstrated that there has never been a more important time to ensure that everyone in your organisation is on board with your compliance programme.
In this webinar, our experts explored the impact of tax evasion regulations over the past few years and shared best-practice guidance on compliance.
The webinar covered:
- Why it’s important to have a strong compliance program
- Reasonable procedures: do you have them and are they enough?
- Best-practice guidance on spotting red flags
- An international perspective on tax evasion, including DAC6
- Major tax evasion cases and what we can learn
- Tax evasion training requirements and best practice
The webinar is also available to listen to as a podcast.
About the experts
Nick Henderson is Director of Learning and Content at VinciWorks and has played an important role in developing VinciWorks’ most interactive and customisable courses covering topics such as anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, GDPR, diversity, mental health, health and safety and more. Nick is a policy expert with a background in public, voluntary and private sectors and has expert-level knowledge across a wide range of areas.
As Director of Best Practice at VinciWorks, Gary Yantin works with professional service firms of all sizes to provide the best compliance learning experience for their staff. He was previously an in-house lawyer and a solicitor in private practice. Gary has hosted many webinars and workshops for VinciWorks on a wide range of risk and compliance topics including GDPR and the SRA’s new approach to ongoing learning.
Ruth Mittelmann Cohen is Head of Legal and Product Research at VinciWorks. She holds an LLB specialising in International Commercial Law. Ruth has experience in both the public and private sectors, having consulted for many Fortune 500 companies. She has expert-level knowledge across a wide range of areas including DAC6, MDR, GDPR, information security, commercial law and international regulatory compliance.
VinciWorks releases new tax evasion training
VinciWorks has just released Criminal Finances Act: A Practical Overview. The course focuses on upskilling all staff to have the tax literacy to understand the potential risks every business faces when it comes to the complex world of tax compliance. It takes users through what they need to know in their role in order to understand what tax evasion is, how it occurs, how we are affected, and what they must do to stop it.
- Users who feel they need a quick refresher on the topic can instantly choose to learn an additional module
- Interactive game where users try and evade £1m in tax
- Begins with a unique builder that instantly generates a course that caters to the role of each user
- Interactive scenario questions to test users’ ability to spot red flags
- 100% customisable — Edit every word and build custom modules