While the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU-wide regulation, its reach is global. Facebook, for example, look like they will be complying with GDPR following Mark Zuckerberg’s hearing and mixed reports on whether the social media platform will comply on a global scale. EU-based businesses with offices in the US will need to ensure they comply with GDPR. VinciWorks’ course, GDPR: An American Perspective, allows businesses to train their staff based in the US on GDPR from the perspective of an American.
The 15 minute course gives users a general overview of the changes being applied as a result of GDPR. The interactive course contains short quizzes to help users assess their knowledge of their responsibilities under GDPR.
The US GDPR course covers
- Key aspects of GDPR regulation relevant to Americans
- The conditions for processing data
- The 6 data protection principles under GDPR
- Guidelines on obtaining consent for processing data
- International laws regarding data transfers
- Useful GDPR compliance resources for US companies
The GDPR training courses suite
VinciWorks’ GDPR training suite allows businesses to train their entire staff on GDPR and the changes the regulation brings. The suite includes:
- GDPR: Privacy at Work, an in-depth course providing real-world scenarios, interactive features and review questions to test understanding of key points.
- GDPR: The Basics, a 15 minute course gives users a general overview of the changes being applied as a result of GDPR.
- GDPR Knowledge Check, a five minute quiz to help your staff assess their level of understanding of GDPR and undertake the next steps. The knowledge check is just one of the knowledge checks VinciWorks offers.