PECR refers to the EU’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, a law that governs how businesses are allowed to market to customers using electronic technology. The law is wide-reaching as it covers all industries and is applicable across the board. Breaches of PECR can leave company directors personally liable for fines of up to £500,000 per breach. PECR is applicable across the EU and the UK, and the law in the UK as it applies now will not be affected by Brexit.
Vinciworks will soon be releasing a new PECR micro-course that will train staff on everything they need to know about PECR compliance, from more familiar topics such as email and SMS to possibly less well-known electronic methods that are relevant to marketing such as cookies to soft opt-ins.
- Video course with a simple, straightforward format
- Works great as a specialist refresher course for those who have already done basic GDPR training
- Provides a whistle-stop tour of everything one needs to know about PECR compliance
- Covers all industries and job roles
- Short micro-course that takes about 10 minutes to complete
Users will learn:
- Key PECR regulations and the differences between GDPR and PECR
- Marketing rules under PECR
- What you need to know about spam
- The difference between genuine service messages and marketing messages, including case studies showing where people have erred on this
- ICO guidelines and recent enforcement actions
- Cookie guidelines
- Best practice for PECR compliance
If you would like to know more about the course and be updated when it is released, complete the short form below and someone from our team will be in touch.