We are all leaders, mentors, influencers or decision-makers at some level and we are all responsible for managing the risks and opportunities that our
Karla Gahan, Deputy Head of Risk and Advisory at VinciWorks, will be speaking at the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) annual conference on 28 March.
Karla will join a brilliant line up of speakers who are passionate about what they do and want to share their knowledge with you. The conference will include sessions from:
- Lord Mark Price, former MD of Waitrose and Dep Chair of John Lewis
- Dr Emma Soane, Assistant Professor of Management at London School of Economics
- Ruth Denyer, Group Operational Risk Director at ITV
- Hazel Carter, MD at CarterCorson business psychologists
- David Wilson, Head of Risk, Security and Compliance at Serco plc.
- Pamela Gellatly, MD at healthcare rm
- Geoff Godwin, UK Chief Operating Officer, AIG
The sessions will cover:
- Understanding how individual differences and organisational environment influence decisions, performance and risk taking.
- Conversational intelligence – an organisation that can have the conversations that matter is likely to make better decisions, improve governance and reduce risk.
- Attracting and retaining the right people with the right behaviours and immersing them in your culture.
- The pace of change and its impact on people’s physical and mental health.
- Avoiding rigid management attitudes in order to embolden your people.
- The importance of workplace happiness.
We will end the day with a complimentary drinks reception where we look forward to some great conversation and networking. We hope to see you there!
Discount for VinciWorks subscribers
VinciWorks subscribers will pay just £199 +VAT per person – a saving of £100 on the full price – when booking during February. Subscribe to our newsletter here to receive your discount code. To sign up without the discount, click here.
IIRSM is an educational charity and the professional home for everyone who manages risk. Their educational outputs consistently receive excellent feedback, are reasonably priced and are open to members and non-members in pursuance of their charitable objectives.