A year has passed since GDPR came into force. In our recent webinar, Director of Course Development Nick Henderson and Data Protection Officer Ruth Cohen looked at how businesses dealt with GDPR. Ruth gave guidance on how to make sure your organisation maintains compliance as the regulation enters its second year.
The webinar covered:
- A review of the requirements under GDPR
- How often should staff be trained on GDPR?
- What measures should be taken to maintain compliance?
- How to avoid data breaches and what to do in the event of a breach
- Answering any GDPR questions from registrants
- 19% of attendees said they are “very confident” the data they work with is sufficiently protected
- 20% of our attendees are still unsure of what privacy by design and privacy by default mean
- Organisations should run “fire-drill” like exercise to ensure they are equipped to deal with any data breach
- Targeted GDPR training is recommended as it enables those in specific roles such as marketing, HR and IT to take the training most relevant to them
About the experts
Nick Henderson is Director of Course Development at VinciWorks and has played an important role in developing VinciWorks’ most interactive and
Legal and Research Executive and Data Protection Officer Ruth Cohen holds an LLB specialising in International Commercial Law. Ruth has experience in both the public and private sectors, having consulted for many Fortune 500 companies. She has expert-level knowledge across a wide range of areas including corporate finance, GDPR, harassment, information security, commercial law and regulatory compliance.
Upcoming GDPR refresher training and advanced modules
Staff should regularly carry out GDPR training to ensure they are continually able to respect and protect individuals’ personal data. VinciWorks will be adding a refresher course to its current GDPR training suite to help staff maintain awareness of GDPR requirements year after year. We will also be releasing advanced GDPR modules for departments that require more advanced training such as HR, marketing and IT. If you would like to get updated when the training is released, complete this short form.