The SRA Handbook is being replaced by the SRA Standards and Regulations, which will be in force from November 2019.
The new focus of the SRA Standards and Regulations is on each legal professional being able to justify their actions in all work that they carry out. For many legal professionals, including partners, managers, solicitors and support staff, this will require a significant change in approach. Legal professionals often only consider their professional obligations when a conflict of interest arises. However, the new SRA Standards and Regulations
Our scenario based course, SRA: Standards and Regulations, is
The course will help legal professionals, including support staff, to develop an understanding of the relevant SRA regulations which apply to their specific role in the law firm. The course ensures that all employees of an SRA regulated law firm who have a legal obligation to follow the SRA Standards and Regulations have sufficient knowledge to stay compliant.
SRA training – about the course
Each legal professional has an obligation to ensure they are compliant with the sections of the SRA Standards and Regulations that are relevant to their role.
The VinciWorks course creates a personalised learning experience based on an individual’s role in a law firm with a dynamic course builder. This ensures everyone taking the course will learn what they need to know. Customised training comes as standard in this course.
Users can use the course builder to select from the following modules:
- SRA Principles
- Add on for REL’s / RFL’s
- Add on for compliance officers
- SRA Code of Conduct for Individuals
- SRA Code of Conduct for Firms
- Overseas Practices
- Accounts Rules
- Add on for Accounts employees
The course includes specially designed scenario questions based on recent judgments taken from various hearings involving the SRA at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Understand what is included in the SRA Standards and Regulations
- Learn which specific SRA Standards and Regulations are relevant to the role in the law firm
- Apply the SRA Standards and Regulations to real-life scenarios
- Be aware of the differences between previous handbooks and the current Standards and Regulations
- Have an appreciation of using one’s own
judgementin interpreting SRA Standards and Regulations
Special course features
In order to enhance the learning experience, the course also contains a number of unique special features
- Interactive scenario questions and quizzes to test knowledge and understanding throughout the course
- A personalised guide to compliance that users can download at the end of the course
Get updated when the training is released
The new SRA Standards and Regulations training will be released in the coming weeks. To get updates and receive a discount code for the training, complete this short form.