Neurodiversity is an umbrella term used to refer to the variation in the human brain with regards to social interaction, learning, attention, mood and other brain functions, and can cover a range of conditions. Recent studies suggest that 1 in 10 people in the UK are neurodivergent, meaning that organisations that fail to meet the needs of their neurodivergent staff, customers and service users are neglecting a significant demographic.
With ‘diversity of thought’ now recognised as being key to innovation and creative problem-solving, employers who are able to attract and support neurodivergent employees can tap into a uniquely skilled talent pool who quite literally ‘think differently’. Skill Boosters’ neurodiversity course examines the nature of neurodiversity, the challenges neurodivergent people face and how organisations can support neurodivergent staff, customers and service users.
- Understand common neurodiverse conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism and ADHD
- Understand key terms and vocabulary and learn how to discuss neurodiversity in a sensitive and inclusive way
- Understand how to support neurodivergent people at work and be aware of the sort of adjustments they may need to do their jobs
- For managers, gain an awareness of key issues when managing the performance of neurodivergent staff
- Learn the benefits of recruiting from a neurodivergent talent pool
- Engaging, video-based training
- Features internationally renowned experts, compelling drama scenarios, poignant and moving lived-experiences
- Optimised for use on a variety of devices
- Compatible with all Learning management systems
This course is included within the Skill Boosters Access-all Licensing Plan. With a cost-effective annual subscription, you get access to courses, films, trainer packs and much more. To learn more, or to preview any leadership, diversity and wellbeing courses, complete the short form below and we’ll be in touch.