General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in exactly one year. If you are unprepared, this regulation could have a drastic impact on your business and how you collect data. The regulation creates significantly more rights and protections for data subjects, and imposes heavy fines on businesses that fail to comply.
The changes you may have to make to comply with GDPR include:
- Assessing and justifying all of your data collection
- Revising your privacy, data protection and cyber security policies
- Designing systems for new data rights including the right to be forgotten and the right to data portability
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer and implementing a “privacy by design” process
The webinar guides you through the first steps you need to take to become compliant. It will help you understand how the changes under GDPR will affect your organisation and how you should begin planning.
About the Presenter
Arye Schreiber is a dual-qualified lawyer, MA (Cantab), LLM, MBA (Stanford), and CIPP/E since 2013. He has advised companies – from startups to global Fortune 50 companies, on a range of data protection and privacy issues. Arye is founder and general manager of MyEDPO Ltd (www.edpo.co), offering a full range of GDPR and DP consultation, helping clients get GDPR compliant, serving as outsourced DPO for its clients, and assisting in-house DPOs.
Topics covered by the webinar
- Quick primer on getting compliant: key areas that need your attention to become GDPR ready
- Review of the main challenges ahead of GDPR: consent, data accessibility, third parties, documentation
- So we comply… what now? Ongoing obligations under GDPR: PbD, PIAs, SARs, breach readiness and training
- DPO: in-house or external? Pros and Cons