Produce a Slavery and Human Tracking Statement with Our Template
Under the 2015 UK Modern Slavery Act, all businesses with over £36m in annual turnover conducting business in the UK are required to publish a slavery and human trafficking statement. The statement should detail the steps that your organisation is undertaking to ensure that your global supply chain is slavery free.
What Should I Include in the Statement?
Although the UK government does not specify exactly what should be included in this statement, Section 54 of The Act recommends including the following information:
- The total annual turnover of the organisation
- The organisation’s structure and all its supply chain
- The human trafficking and slavery policies of the organisation
- The company’s due diligence procedure regarding human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain
- The steps it is taking to diminish the risk of human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain. Identifying where the biggest risk lies will help your organisation achieve this.
- The efficiency and success in guaranteeing that human trafficking and slavery is not taking place in the organisation’s supply chain. There should be effective performance indicators in place to measure this.
- The human trafficking and slavery training available to the organisation’s staff
Get a Free Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement Sample
VinciWorks has created a free sample statement that can easily be downloaded. Using this template will help you produce an effective slavery and human trafficking statement. It will also help educate you further on the type of information we recommend you provide and the best way to provide such information.
Fill in your details using the form below to download the document. Feel free to edit the template to make it relevant to your organisation. This could include adding any extra measures your organisation is taking to ensure there is no slavery or human trafficking in its business or supply chain.
What Does the Statement Mean?
Once you complete your annual slavery and human trafficking statement, it will show:
- That your organisation takes the Modern Slavery Act seriously
- That your organisation is taking steps to ensure all employees in the supply chain are treated fairly and according to the UK Modern Slavery Act
- Any internal human trafficking and slavery policies your organisation has taken, or plans to take
- That your organisation has identified potential risks in the supply chain and the protocol for addressing those risks
- Any training your organisation has in place to ensure the relevant staff are familiar with the UK Modern Slavery Act
VinciWorks also provides online training on the Modern Slavery Act. The course will help ensure the relevant staff members in your organisation understand the 2015 UK Modern Slavery Act. Feel free to contact us for more information on how you can enrol your staff on this course or any other course provided by VinciWorks.