On 26th June 2017, the UK met the EU’s deadline and transposed the Fourth Money Laundering Directive into national legislation.
On Monday 2rd July over 200 law firms and organisations joined Director of Best Practice Gary Yantin and anti-money laundering expert Gary to discuss the implementation of The Fourth Directive and the new Anti-Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
The webinar covered some key questions surrounding the new regulations such as:
- What must firms do to comply with the Fourth Directive?
- How do the changes to pooled client accounts affect me and how likely are the changes to come into force?
- How do you carry out a risk assessment?
- Is there Law Society guidance on how to approach risk-based CDD?
- How will new legislation such as the Criminal Finances Act affect you?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in exactly one year. If you are unprepared, this regulation could have a drastic impact on your business and how you collect data. The regulation creates significantly more rights and protections for data subjects, and imposes heavy fines on businesses that fail to comply.
The changes you may have to make to comply with GDPR include:
- Assessing and justifying all of your data collection
- Revising your privacy, data protection and cyber security policies
- Designing systems for new data rights including the right to be forgotten and the right to data portability
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer and implementing a “privacy by design” process
The webinar guides you through the first steps you need to take to become compliant. It will help you understand how the changes under GDPR will affect your organisation and how you should begin planning.
VinciWorks is hitting the road to deliver practical, face-to-face seminars on the SRA’s new approach to continuing competence. Attendees will learn how to identify learning needs, build a learning and development plan and consider methods for recording and demonstrating that they have fulfilled the SRA’s requirements.
- May 9: Birmingham
- May 10: Manchester
- May 31: Bristol
- June 1: London
- Time – 10:00am – 1:00pm
- CPD – 3 hours 🙂
- Cost – £90 (early bird £75)
- Presenter – Gary Yantin, Director of Best Practice, VinciWorks
Who should attend?
- HR professionals
- COLPs and COFAs
- L&D teams
- Practice managers
- Solicitors that wish to understand how to comply with the new regulations
About the presenter
Gary Yantin is Director of Best Practice at VinciWorks — a leading provider of online compliance courses and risk management software. VinciWorks courses are used by over 20% of all solicitors and are considered to be the gold standard for compliance. Gary is a leading expert on the SRA’s changes to CPD and has helped VinciWorks develop the first software tool for compliance with the new approach to continuing competence. To learn more visit www.vinciworks.com/competence.